Sunday, June 27, 2010

Post 6

Watch Richard Miller: This Is How We Dream
Technology surprises me more and more everyday. With every video I watch I become more aware of how much there is to learn. I think that technology has definitely affected the way students write. I know that I never write papers without using some for of technology. I mean research papers can be done solely on the Internet. I think that as future teacher we have to be prepared for our students to write with multimedia because that is the direction classrooms are taking. I am definitely not prepared right now but it will be something that I will begin learning about so when the time comes I can help my students use the technology.
Students stay so far ahead that I definitely think that students will be able to use multimedia to write. The video showed more advance ways of writing with multimedia than I have ever used but we have already come so far from the pencil and paper ways of the past that I am sure that me and my students will be able to use this in our writing in the future.
I think that the video was a really great example at tying in so many things to make a great piece. Making a timeline with videos and links to so much information is such a great idea. It makes it so easy for anyone to share a vast amount of information with so many people. I am excited to learn more and am sure that I will see more and more of it in the future.

Watch The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler
This was a great video because it is so true. I think that we forget how connected students are and how this affects students work. Students have so much access to information, the technology provide a way for us to be connected with millions of people at just about any time of any day.
This also goes into the classroom, teachers have to find way to use the technology that students have access to because there is no way to keep them from it and we should utilize any tool we have. I think that the video was also correct in its reasons why these students need a teacher even though they are so connected. They need someone to guide them in the right direction and help them decipher between what is fact and fiction. Technology gives us so much information that it can sometimes be overwhelming teachers can help narrow down what students should be looking for. Overall a good video simple and to the point.

Michael Wesch
I really enjoyed watching this video. It was put together so well. I think that the idea of research the word whatever is something that I would have never thought to do. Also we they looked deeper into youtube videos and gave all the insight. I found that really interesting because when I watch a video I never think of all the aspects of the process.
I think that it showed how much we have changed and how much we have not changed. Technology might change a lot from generation to generation but the people have not changed that much. I love that youtube is a way to give people an identity and voice.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that technology is important and we as teachers need to not only embrace it, but also learn more about it so we can help our students with their future. That is what a teacher should do...want to provide their student's with the knowledge they will need to be able to better their future. Right!?

    ReplyDelete