Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Final Post Reflection

Course Reflection
This course has taught me a lot about technology and great ways I can use it in the classroom. I know how to blog, make instructional videos, record sound, create questionaires, use google docs, and so much more. The part I enjoyed the most about the class was getting to see all my peers work and blogs and work of teachers and students all around the world. Technology has opened so many doors for education we would be crazy not to utilize them. I think that my classroom will definitely benefit from me taking this course I have learned about so many tools that I can use to make my classroom fun and up to date with the world around us. Using things like blogging and learning to really use the smartboards are two of the things I will use the most!
I think that it is so important for teachers to use all the tools that are available and this class has definitely got me started in learning some of the tools that are out there. I have learned that you can learn a lot from working with other people and that when it comes to technology people will always surprise you and you will also surprise yourself. I learned that I still have a lot of learning to do and I'm excited to learn more. Teachers should always be life long learners and if you do not like to learn then you should not be a teacher. Overall I learned a lot and will take what I learned and use it in my classroom in the future.

Future EDM 310 students
Here are a few tips to help get through EDM 310! This class is a challenge. Be prepared to spend many hours on the computer, watch a lot of videos, do a lot of commenting, and a lot of blogging. Get all your assignments done on time because it is very hard to catch up!! Find good people to work with on the first day of class because having a good group of people to work with will be important!!! Coming to the lab helps even if it is not require and don't be afraid to ask questions.
This is a great class where you will learn a lot about technology. You will get to see student and teachers work from all over the world. Having this class will definitely give you great resources that you can take with you into the classroom. Worth the time and effort!!! Hope you do well!!



1 comment:

  1. Surprises! I like surprises, especially if they are good surprises. I am glad you found many in EDM310.

    And your advice to new EDM310 students is important. Especially "...ask questions." Questions are more important than the answers.

    Good luck. Stop by and visit the lab from time to time. Comment on the new students' posts. Contribute to the Alumni Blog. Stay involved with EDM310!

    ReplyDelete