Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Post 11

Ms. Cassidy
I really enjoyed watching what Ms. Cassidy's class could do with technology. This class proves to anyone with doubts that it does not matter what grade you teach that technology is useful and important. These students used blogs, wikis, and so much more, they can do things that some adults can not even use. Students love using technology it makes everything so much more interesting and fun. There is no reason why a classroom should be boring with all the technology we have to help change that.
I hope to use some of Ms. Cassidy's ideas and techniques. She has been really successful and a real advocate for technology. I think that classroom blogs are so beneficial, parents can see their students success and progress. Also the students made it clear how much they enjoyed the blogs and other tools. One thing that I never really thought that much about was comments. I mean we have to comment on everything and I learn from the feedback but I never thought about how much a first grader would enjoy getting a comment on their work! I learned a lot from Ms. Cassidy and hope to have a classroom that uses technology often.

2 comments:

  1. I have learned a lot as well! I never realized before how much children really love interacting with people from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Ms. Cassidy's attitude about technology. She didn't know a lot about the computers she got in her classroom but she was so resourceful in finding ways to use them. The first graders were very impressive with the tasks they could do on a computer!

    I agree that technology can and should be used to make class fun! There are just too many fun things to explore out there to excuse a boring lesson!

    ReplyDelete