Monday, July 5, 2010

Post 9

Morgan Bayda and Dan Brown
My college experience has been a lot like these two students. They both have had teachers that do not know their names, had classes that lecture for hours, teachers that never use the book that is required, and overall just boring. While I have had these classes I have also had some great classes that encourage collaborative learning, made an effort to get to know me, and did more than just lecture. I agree that our systems are going to have to change with rest of the world but I do believe some educators understand and are moving in the right direction.
Both of these former students made very good points about education. I think that it is important for students to be inspired and motivated to want to continue to learn and the mark is being missed. I hate the classes that I have attended where the professor comes in and pretty much say they do not care if you show up it is your grade. I know that we are adults in college and there is a certain level of responsibility but who wants to attend a class where the professor does not even act like they want to be in the class. Overall I enjoyed reading and watching their comments.

ALEX
This is a great resource for teachers. It provides lesson plans, web links, course of study, and many other helpful tools. The lesson plans are great because it breaks them down into different grades and topics. This makes it user friendly for teachers to find any ideas they might need. The course of study is also broken down into grade and subject which makes them easy to find and use.
Anther great aspect of this site is that it has web links and a podcast gallery. So this is a great way for teachers to find extra information to incorporate into their lessons. Its just a great collaborative site for teachers to be able to share and find great resources.

2 comments:

  1. Did you leave a comment on Morgan Bayda's post? I did not find it there. Just leave a copy of this post. It covers what you need to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My psychology professor didn't lecture. He read from his textbook (which we had to buy). The only thing I remember was that he felt everything could be explained by toilet training. We called him (not nicely) T square (TT). Some things never change!

    My "canned" comment for this post:

    I decided that we all need a slight bit of a "holiday" for the 4th. So you got to skip C4C Number 9; my associates got to skip comments on your post due 7/5 (Bayda, ALEX AND ACCESS); and I am doing this "group" comment for everyone who posted on time or by the "corrected” date (tonight at midnight) which means that if you get this message you were recorded as having submitted your post on time. I thought that your posts on Morgan Bayda's blog were good. Some were especially interesting and generated a personal email from me.

    We are moving into the final two weeks of the term. Only one more full week exists before the week in which your final project is due. It should be a significant project that demonstrates many of the tools you have learned to use and skills you have acquired in EDM310. It must be collaborative. If you have any questions about this project we should discuss them in lab tomorrow (Thursday July 8, 2010). There are only 12 days left in which to complete your final projects!

    ReplyDelete