Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Post 12

Mr. McClung Reflects on Year 2
I always learn a lot from Mr. McClung's post. I think that his reflections probably reflect what most newer teachers go through and it is nice to be able to read and learn from a new teacher. It is hard for me as a student to imagine what it is going to be like my first few years in the classroom but Mr. McClung gives a really good picture. I think that it is good to see him learn from his mistakes and also share his mistakes with everyone.
His post had a large part on adapting to whatever the situation might be and I think that for teachers that it is so important to do this. He had to do this because a lot of things changed from his first year to this second year but I think we have to do this all the time because even if we do not change grades or schools our students change from year to year. We have to change to fit whatever students we have at the times needs. I really liked all the points he made throughout the post. Always a great read!

fablab4teacher's Channel.
Here are the links to the three videos I watched:

This is such a great way for students to learn. I have always loved any type of hands on learning and this is such a great way for students to get to really build and manipulate the things they make on the computer. The students in these video really seem to be enjoying using the technology and were really proud of the things they have made. They get to have a good time and learn at the same time can't get much better than that.
In one video their was a member of administration and she discussed the use of the technology in the class. She said that the students in the school struggle in science and math so this program is perfect for helping with those skills. Also in on of the other video the boy using this program was only five! This shows that no matter what level you teach that we have endless possibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment