Monday, July 5, 2010

Post 8

What I Have Learned This Year
This is such a great article for new teachers and for those of us aspiring to be teachers. I think that it is good for us to be able to read what other first year teachers go through. We can learn from others experiences and learn from them. He makes such great points about communication and listening to your students. I am not a teacher yet but I know from being a student that I have had a lot of teachers that I never had a relationship with and would have respected them more if they did try a little harder to listen to what me and my peer had to say.
Another part of the post that I found interesting was we he talked about being flexible. I know that I am going to have to learn this the hard way because I already like things to go a certain way. Overall I really enjoyed reading what this teacher had to say about his experience and am glad that he shared.

1 comment:

  1. Hillery! Great points in this post...I agree with you about having relationships with teachers. I am just now starting to have such amazing personal relationships with my teacher this late in college. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that classes have gotten smaller or that the teachers care more in the upper level classes. I hate that I haven't gotten to know the majority of my teachers though, through all of these years in college.

    ReplyDelete